Director of Marketing
Scalzo Hospitality, Inc./Position located at the Ramada Plaza Minneapolis
As a member of the Executive leadership team for the property, the Director of Marketing, will be responsible for leading and directing the development and implementation of strategic sales and marketing plans in the company's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
• Lead and direct the development and implementation of strategic sales and marketing plans and initiatives to include, but not limited to, interacting with clients and the media for the Ramada Plaza Minneapolis, Scalzo's Hospitality, Park Vue Inn and Coldstone Creamery in Anaheim, CA, and the Ramada Plaza in Wisconsin Dells.
• Prepare and present statistical and performance reports.
• Determine sales pricing strategies.
• Develop rates, establish group thresholds, determine space utilization policy,
• Utilize competitive data strategies, conduct demand analysis and manage market mix
• Establish marketing goals to ensure share of market and profitability of products and/or services.
• Develops and executes marketing plans and programs, both short and long range, to ensure the profit growth and expansion of company products and/or services.
• Researches, analyzes, and monitors financial, technological, and demographic factors so that market opportunities may be capitalized on and the effects of competitive activity may be minimized.
• Plans and oversees the organization's advertising and promotion activities including print, electronic, and direct mail outlets
• Utilize and apply current technology and systems effectively
• Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
• Recruit, interview and train employees.
• 7-10 years experience as a Hotel Marketing Director;
• Hospitality background a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to execute marketing plans and strategies for changing markets.
Director of Marketing
RAMADA PLAZA MINNEAPOLIS
Provide effective management and profitable growth for the Ramada Plaza Minneapolis. Responsible for managing daily hotel operations and overall leadership in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
Primary Job Duties:
• Daily responsibilities to include oversight of finance, lodging, food & beverage, as well as catering and sales.
• Define, recommend and implement short and long term objectives and goals for the property.
• Establish relationships with community and trade organizations to enhance business operations.
• Develop, administer, and control the property revenue and expense budgets.
• Analyze Profit and Loss and General Ledger statements. Submit P&L variance reports in a timely manner.
• Creates an operating environment that ensures consistent guest satisfaction;
• Develop and maintain rapport with competitive properties, lead sources, and clients;
• Implements and maintains effective open-door communication system;
• Understands governmental regulations as they pertain to the hotel's operations, ensuring hotel is operated in compliance with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any federal, state or municipal authority;
• Deals with the general public, customers, employees, union and government officials with tact and courtesy.
• Review daily reports and complete a daily accounting of hotel performance vs. forecast, and variances to budget;
• Understand budget and ensure operating costs and labor costs are appropriate based on business demands;
• Ensure staff are trained in financial control procedures for cash, vouches, inventories, and receivables, and ensure these procedures are regularly followed;
• Review the hotel's rate and availability data from the Property Management System, reservation system, and other on-line sites as applicable;
• Conduct weekly department head meetings to review the week's business, forecast and scheduling, as well as upcoming events;
• Five to ten years of experience in hospitality/hotel management, including experience in food service and sales;
• Effective interpersonal savvy, effective talent management, communication, leadership and strategic foresight;
• Strong organizational, analytical and teambuilding skills; and
• Independent decision making
Front Desk Manager
Provide world class hospitality to each and every guest. Oversee the front office operations to include Night Audit and Bellperson/Van Driver. Attend to the needs of our guests to include, but not limited to check-in, check-out, reservations, cashiering and guest resolution.
- *A friendly welcome and greeting to all guests upon arrival. Register guests into Opera, verify all check-ins with a valid Identification, and verify reservation information, physical address, e-mail address, phone number and credit card information.
- *Promote the Wyndham rewards program to include issuing, posting and redeeming points
- *Cashiering and handling credit card transactions. Maintain a house bank, bank key, and accurately report cash sales and cash deposits per shift.
- *Make reservations using the reservations sales process
- *Maintain inventory control and room types
- *Conduct Front Desk Meetings
- *Train new employees, coach and counsel employees as needed
- *Promote and monitor the Trip Advisor reviews
- *Ensure completion of shift checklists
- *Conduct performance reviews and provide performance feedback
- *Monitor Rooms Revenue and Forecast
- *View upcoming groups
- *Prepare weekly schedules
- *Travel Agent Commissions; research and weekly processing
- *Research the no-shows and cancellations, charge fee
- *Monitor Extranets
- *Manage ADP time and labor management for front desk staff
- *Must be able to speak, write, read and understand the primary languages used in the workplace
Specific Job Knowledge:
- *Must be personable and be able to communicate with guests, supervisors and co-workers
- *Must have a thorough working knowledge of Opera or other reservation systems to include rates and inventory, and market segments
- *Projecting rooms occupancy
- *Must possess basic computational ability and computer proficiency
- *Knowledge of hotel services and facilities helpful.
*Knowledge and understanding of safety and sanitation standards
GENERAL MAINTENANCE Worker (Not janitorial)
Position reports directly to the Facilities Manager and will be responsible for the general maintenance of the facility and guest rooms to ensure they are in acceptable condition at all times. Mechanical aptitude, a proven work history, and a desire to succeed is what we are looking for when we hire for this position.
May perform some groundwork such as snow removal and landscape. A clean driving record is required. Building maintenance experience is a plus.
Must have the ability to resolve guest concerns and issues in a friendly and professional manner as needed.
EOE/M/F/D/V/Drug Free Work Environment